Re: A Formula to a Good Life

From: ralott@CCGATE.HAC.COM
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 18:26:55 EEST

Wow! Good thing Hill wasn't around to interview peope like the CEO of Nike.

Rick Lott
Hughes Space and Communications
Los Angeles, Calif.

Subject: A Formula to a Good Life
Author: aaroflex@aaroflex.com at CCGATE
Date: 5/28/98 4:02 PM

Dear List,

A young man by the name of Napoleon Hill was given the opportunity to
interview many successful businessmen including Ford, Edison, Firestone,
as well as others, and subsequently wrote a book on his findings of a
successful businessman. This book was published in 1936 and can still be
found in bookstores today. I would like to quote, from memory, an
excerpt from this book:

 "I fully realize no wealth or position will long endure unless built
upon truth and justice and agree not to engage in any transaction that
does not benefit all parties concerned. I will succeed by attracting to
myself the forces I wish to use (such as wisdom, courage, action,
determination and persistence) and the cooperation and assistance of
others. I will have others to serve me as I am willing to serve
others. I will eliminate jealousy, envy, selfishness and cynicism by
developing love for all of mankind. I will trust in others and have
others to trust in me because I will trust in myself. I will sign my
name to this formula and commit it to memory and repeat it daily with
full faith and confidence, it will eventually alter my thinking so that
I may become a happy, healthy, wholesome person and accomplish my
definite chief aim in life."

A person's worth is measured by his contribution to others.

Albert C. Young, Jr., P.E.
AAROFLEX, Inc.
CEO