Re[2]: New STL format

From: lblasch@opw-fc.com
Date: Tue Jun 02 1998 - 14:45:36 EEST

     I don't want to eliminate the 3d model as the interface to the RP
     machines, I want to more fully define the objects I wish to build. The
     current STL format is a crude surface representation of the intended
     geometry that was more than adequate 10 years ago. Times change. The
     resolution of the STL file is governed by how close you wish to
     "approximate" the smooth surface. It's still an approximation so why
     not get the info strait from the source?

     Postscript is a language that tels the printer what the document
     should look like, not how to create it. Why are we forced to tell the
     machines how it should be done.

     Larry Blasch