Information on using ABS Parts as masters of Investment Casting.

From: LEMS.BLR@RMD.sprintrpg.ems.vsnl.net.in
Date: Mon Jun 08 1998 - 12:21:43 EEST

 We are planning to do Investment casting on ABS Patterns /Masters. We have
had good results using Investment casting Wax and now we want to Try out
Investment casting using ABS patterns from an FDM System.

I understand that quite a few foundaries have had very good results using ABS
parts. I would be very obliged if anybody/foundry can give details on how to
use ABS for Investment casting, Furnaces used,/ Temperatures Required,
Precautions to taken , Tips on ABS casting & diferences in approach between
using Wax and ABS.

Do respond at the earliest , as we are awaiting information to prepare for the
casting.

regards

Linda Ramanathan