Re: Credit were credit is due

From: Justin R. Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 09 1998 - 20:05:14 EEST

While I usually don't agree with all the flaming and bickering that goes
on in this list, this was hilarious and I agree--good job. I always hope
that a little levity will end the skirmishes, but it usually doesn't...It
just goes to show that MANY people can be the pioneers of a technology--we
don't have to pick out just one for Father's day ;-)

Justin

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 SCat3D@aol.com wrote:

> I would also like to take this time to appreciate the landing of men on the
> moon, which it seems may have been the high point of human civilization.
> Credit of course, goes to Thog, that ancient caveman who first smelted the
> "metal" used later by copycats in construction of the Saturn V rocket, and of
> course GoreMon, who noticed it was cold, put on a bear-skin and thus invented
> what one day would become the spacesuit! Way to go Thog and GoreMon.
> GoreMon.... You the man!
>
> Now that we know the truth behind space exploration, I would like to place
> myself as an equal of such Wannabe's as Armstrong and Aldrin. Who do they
> think they are fooling?

Justin Kidder, Research Asst. | Automation and Robotics Laboratory
jrkst34+@pitt.edu | University of Pittsburgh

               Home page: http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34
         There are two rules for ultimate success in life:
                1. Never tell everything you know.