RE: Keeping PCA platform clean...

From: Guy Allen Brady (galbrady@engin.umich.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 12 1998 - 16:45:59 EEST

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 protoinfo@advproto.com wrote:

> Good houskeeping practice, however, keep in mind that curing is
> taking place underneath, due to reflection, and that surfaces that
> reflect visible wavelengths (like chrome) do not necessarily reflect
> UV wavelengths required in post cure.
>
> Tom Husting
> Advantage Prototype Systems

Ah, so true!!! This fact eludes folks so much. To paraphrase, "It's the
wavelength, stupid!" (no, I don't mean to imply anything). The absorption
of radiation by a material can vary enormously from one wavelength to
another (blue to green, yellow to orange, UV-a to UV-b, microwave to IR,
etc). I think in general, Aluminum will absorb 53% of UV radiation.

Allen the geek.

          G. Allen Brady -- Graduate Research Assistant
Materials Science and Engineering - The University of Michigan
2219 H.H. Dow Bldg. 2300 Hayward Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2136
work: 313/936-0177 fax: 313/747-4807 email: galbrady@umich.edu
           http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~galbrady