ATTN: Michael Rees - Large RP model maker

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jun 21 1998 - 20:50:50 EEST

Michael:

Bob Crangle also had a very good suggestion - to use a LOM 2030H machine to
fabricate the sections and join them together - I've successfully used this
method to create a mold mandrel for a large ram air duct - 6" diameter by
approx. 4' long. I modeled a locating and indexing pin into the CAD model
which worked well for coordinating the 2 sections when bonding them
together. One disadvantage of the LOM model was weight - if the structure
is a trapped volume you won't be able to remove the inside excess paper
(unless it is done by the LOM operator during the process) and you'll have
to deal with a heavy model. Watch your toes!!

Regards,

Glenn Whiteside
Cessna Aircraft Co.
e-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net