Re: ATTN: Michael Rees - Large RP model maker

From: Alain BERNARD (bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 10:13:47 EEST

Dear RP collegue,

you should also have a look to Stratoconception which could provide you
large scale parts, because it is based on use of cutting machines, like
laser, milling and so on. So, it depends on the lenght of the axis of the
cutting machine.
You can use all cuttable materials, like aluminum, wood, and so on.
You can ask for more informations in sending an email to cirtes@wanadoo.fr.
They also have a web site : www.cirtes.fr

Best Regards,

Prof. A. BERNARD

A 12:40 21/06/98 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>"Now, my major issues are size. As I look to scale these parts from 24" to
>72", the cost looks prohibitive. I'm wondering when a company such as z corp
>will go to a larger build envelope."
>

>Michael:
>
>Have you ever looked into Topographic Shell Fabrication (TSF)?
>They claim they can "print" objects up to 11' x 6' x 4' in one session.
>The shape is created by successive layering of silica powder and paraffin
>wax. The TSF web site is very informative and can be reached at
>www.formus.com.
>
>Let me know if this process works out for you - needless to say we also have
>a lot of large structures in aircraft design that we would like to utilize
>RP on.
>
>Regards,
>
>Glenn Whiteside
>Cessna Aircraft Co.
>e-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net

Prof. Alain BERNARD Tel : + 33 (0)3 83 91 27 29
Professeur des Universites + 33 (0)3 83 91 20 09
CRAN ESA CNRS 7039 Fax : + 33 (0)3 83 91 23 90
UHP Nancy I - ESIAL
BP n° 239, 54506 - VANDOEUVRE Cedex - FRANCE
ATTENTION ! NEW E-MAIL !
e-mail : alain.bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr http://www.cran.u-nancy.fr