RE: Desktop Foundry / LIPCAST system

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@lip.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 22 1998 - 11:38:22 EEST

Ron,

Further to your enquiry about desktop foundry systems, please find enclosed a brief summary of the LIPCAST 1000 system. This was originally developed to complement the Sanders range of ModelMaker RP systems, but is also compatible with waxes produced via CNC, wax injection, silicon tools, etc.

As a brief introduction, we are the UK distributors for Sanders and Helisys RP equipment, and were the first RP company in the UK. We have had 10 years' experience of running various RP systems in-house, including SLA, LOM and SPI systems, as well as our own LIP4060 system for large scale builds.

We have recently developed a range of complementary machines for the systems we distribute - these include:

LIPCAST 1000 - Desktop Metal Vacuum Casting (MVC) System

LIPRESIN system - Benchtop Vacuum Resin Impregnation (VRI) System (proven, mature solution for eliminating Z growth in LOM parts)

LIPSTRIP system - Advanced Precision De-waxing Unit (PDU) for removal of SPI support wax, washing of delicate SLA parts, etc.

Please contact me directly if you require any further information - in the meantime good luck with your rapid tooling startup. We look forward to speaking with you.

Yours sincerely

Nick Osborn
Technical Director
LIP
-------------------------------------

The LIPCAST 1000 is a desktop Metal Vacuum Casting System, designed for the accurate investment casting of metal components and tooling inserts for the RP&T and other industries.

Using a flask based investment casting process and induction heating technology, the LIPCAST 1000 can process a maximum of 1000g of brass grain per casting operation, allowing the user to go from wax to metal in just one day.

------------------------------------

LIPCAST 1000 - Product Specification

Dimensions: 694 x 670 x 553mm

Weight: 46 kg

Can capacity: Std. diameter 3, 3.5 and 4" cans.
                                Non standard up to 5" dia.

Crucible capacity: 1000g brass grain

-----------------------------------

Price: $23,950

Full quotation and further details available on request.

Nick Osborn
Technical Director
Laser Integrated Prototypes Ltd.
140 - 144 Station Road, March,