Fusible Core Castings

From: Chad Wedding (wcwedd01@engr.uky.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 16:25:02 EEST

Hello, my name is Chad Wedding and I work for R.J. Robinson at the
University of Kentucky. I am working with low melt alloys from MCP to
form the core inserts for RTV molding. The core mold is also RTV. The
alloy is Tin-Bismuth and melts at 70 degrees C. The problem we are having
is that we the parts have a very porous surface. If anyone has any
experience with casting thes low melt alloys, I would appreciate any
recommendations concerning temperature, rate of fill, etc.

William Chad Wedding
wcwedd01@engr.uky.edu