Re: Rapid Tooling Web Pages

From: ATiburon@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 16:21:22 EEST

In a message dated 98-06-30 03:11:38 EDT, DanF@aol.com writes:

<< Accuracy is +/-.2% and insert size can be up to 144 cubic inches (and more
 than one insert can be combined to mold larger parts). 3D Keltool is rapid
 tooling without compromise - inserts are available 8 - 10 calendar days (not
 weeks) after stereolithography master tooling patterns are created. >>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but any process, R/P(LOM, SLS, etc), or even carved
balsa wood can provide the pattern for "Keltool". The quoted accuract is on
top of the pattern accuracy? And aren't there similar processes? The Rapid
Tool from Paul Jacobs company perhaps?
Andy Scott