Re: Part Curl

From: gautham@asu.edu
Date: Sat Jul 04 1998 - 21:29:34 EEST

Al,
        We hadnt experiened part curl until recently. We operate a FDm1650
here. Its been running for close to a year now & we never experienced curling
on the parts before. But, recently due to a problem wiht the original
extrusion head, we got a replacement head. parts built out of this new head
are curling near the base. THis happens with bulky (solid) parts only & not
with thin walled parts. i am still playing around with the operating
temperatures to eliminate it but met with limited success- I have noticed less
curl at a operating temperature (of the modeling tip, support tip & build
chamber )which is not the recommended set of values.

        I will be happy to hear from anybody who had experienced the same
problem & was able to eliminate it.

thanks
gautham

 Gautham Kattethota Home : 950, South Terrace Road, #C349
 Grad. student, Tempe AZ 85281
 Dept. of MAE,Mail Code: 6106 Res Ph# : (602)967-4362
 Arizona State University, Off Ph# : (602)965-7830
 Tempe, AZ 85287 Email : gautham@asu.edu