fdm technology

From: RP Solutions (rps@rp-solutions.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 20:13:48 EEST

Hi,

Does anyone know of information that is available to directly compare FDM
ABS P400 prototypes to injection moulded products of a similar material?

 I am particularly interested in Automotive applications for FDM parts. Has
anyone published data that correlates FDM parts to injection moulded parts?

The applications I am interested are as follows:

Automotive interior trim

Stability of FDM prototypes over a range of temperatures during initial
design testing.

Performance of FDM prototypes relative to injection moulded parts

Has anyone tried using FDM parts for impact tests and got comparative data
to injection moulded parts?

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has first hand knowledge of
these applications and or anecdotal evidence of how well things worked.

I am also interested in the availability of used FDM machines for sale,
preferably 1650/2000 models.