Theoretical/ubitquitous objects

From: michael rees (zedand00@sound.net)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 23:28:27 EEST

Dear list,

I thought this might be an intersting paralell to what the rp industry
is thinking about product development. Its a website of Rich Gold, a
researcher at Xerox PARC. It contains papers which investigate the
nature of documents. It is somewhat futuristic(abstract as well) and
carries the discussion into what the author calls "ubi-objects" or
ubiquitous objects. The UBI object that the author describes sounds a
lot like the future of rapid prototyping.

http://www.parc.xerox.com/red/members/richgold/default.html

Of particular interest to me were the following articles:

Art in the Age of Ubiquitous Computing
Several Thoughts on Several heads
The Architecture of Living Documents

I can't imagine that rp workers delivering product everyday would find
this immediately applicable. But for researchers, students, developers,
and the generally curious, it is quite thought provoking.

best,

--
michael rees SCULPTOR 		http://www.sound.net/~zedand00/
1212 w 8th St. Bldg B #2, 	816 753 3020 voice    zedand00@sound.net