RP movies and manufacturing wars

From: Elaine Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 20:45:58 EEST

>>>prototyping technologies can be used as actual production/manufacturing
>>>technologies (kind of like in Toy Soldiers!).
>>Printing process is now being used to manufacture tablets in millions!
>> some cases of applications, aeronautic for

The following was taken from recent postings about RP and soldiers. Since I
have not seen the movie I can only surmise that a war was fought with small
soldiers.

Taking the idea that anyone could purchase a 'RP' System and "manufacture"
anything with it then I can surmise that the next war could be fought with
RP weapons. Interesting assumptions when you think of the wide effects of
such a conflict; millions of armies against millions of weapons some of
which the individual would have no defense.

from my home I could design and make weapons that could cause vast damage.
Given the above quotes, my imagination can produce many scenarios but I
will not give out details since I may have to defend myself.

Rather than 'Star Wars' the next trilogy will be " Rapid Wars" starring 3D
Systems, Helisys, Stratasys, and Z-Corp. The plot will be how to get from
'Small Soldiers' to "Life Size Soldiers" in seconds. Luke SkyWalker is
known as Luke RapidMaker.

How many government agencies worldwide actually own a RP system? Anyone
know or venture to guess?

Anyone want to help me write the screen play?

Elaine

Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html