Re: STL files

From: Marc D Karnik (Marc_D_Karnik@email.whirlpool.com)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 22:26:47 EEST

     I have generated many .stl files using Pro, but no experience with
     CATIA.

     A couple of hints when creating .stl files using Pro Engineer.

     Set the angle control to zero, this helps with making holes round.

     The default chord height setting is too coarse. Type in zero, the
     software will generate an acceptable range. Pick a value near the
     bottom of the range. Output the .stl file. Open a shell and go to
     directory where the .stl file exists. Do a list and check the file
     size. If it is too large,( more than 1-2 megabytes ) recreate your
     .stl file using a larger chord height value.

     Hope this helps.

     Marc Karnik

     Whirlpool Corp.