Re: RP featured in Science Times

From: dbassett (scansite@slip.net)
Date: Thu Aug 06 1998 - 21:22:38 EEST

Paul,

The article you read was a project done with a Cyberware PS platform. The
digitizer safely and without contact scans the patient and is able to
reverse engineer a exact fitting mold from the scan data. This is a huge
improvement over the old painful method of making a plaster cast.

It has also made many other significant improvements in the medical field.
We can now scan a person's limb for an exact prostetic fit, scan the body
for reconstructive and cosmetic surgery to create a template to work from
and can make custom fitting braces and crutches! It is my hope that every
major hospital in the world could have one of these at it's disposal!

Chow,
        Lisa Federici

Scansite 3D Laser Scanning "When only the Best will do!"
tel 415.256.9420
fax 415.256.9424
scansite@slip.net
www.scansite.com