silicone tooling inhibitation

From: Russ Harris (russ_harris@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 12:29:24 EEST

Does anyone know of a viable alternative to the use of cyanoacrylate
glues in conjunction with polyaddition cure RTV silicon? We presently
use these glues in the joining of multiple section SLA and FDM models
and for attaching the required feeders and risers. The glues are
inhibiting the curing of the silicon leaving a tacky, deteriorated
surface finish. Ideally I'm looking for a replacement adhesive with
characteristics as similar as possible to super-glues in terms of
convenience and speed.
            With Thanks, Russ Harris, Rapid Prototyping, Jaguar Cars.