Re: Plastic coating for Actua parts

From: Jay Jacobs (Jay@brapid.com)
Date: Thu Aug 20 1998 - 01:30:08 EEST

Bengt,

Brookfield Rapid Solutions uses Plasti Dip from PDI Inc. They can be
reached at 612-785-2156 in the US.

This "coating" is essentially the same as is used to put a rubber grip on
wrench handles and the like. You can get it in a variety of colors and it
only adds a few thousands, depending on your touch. Most interesting though
is the clear version. Just spraying it on helps add durability. However if
you quickly put the model in a vacuum chamber and induce a vacuum, the
coating is actually pulled into the model, adding even more durability and
leaving virtually no surface trace.

Brookfield Rapid Solutions is both an Actua Service Bureau (2 Actua's
in-house)and Reseller of the Actua. I encourage anyone with questions on
the Actua to call me or e-mail me directly.

Hope this helps.

Jay Jacobs
Brookfield Rapid Solutions
13 Hampshire Drive