Need Help

From: VERN CARTER (vern@3dresource.com)
Date: Sat Aug 22 1998 - 03:09:29 EEST

To all who can help!

We have been approached by a local hospital to evaluate the use of low cost
concept models as communication tools. They have provided us with DICOM
files and GIF files of bone structure's. My question is how can this
information be converted to .stl format. I know that Image 3 has a software
called Velocity that will do it, but it seams to be more than what we really
need or can afford. The hospital doesn't want us to fix anything in the
files, they just want us to print the files as they are. Is there a low cost
(free) windows based software or utility that can convert DICOM files to
.stl file format.

Thanks in advance.

Vern Carter, CTS