RE: SLA500 Solid State Upgrade

From: Deak, Steve (SDeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Wed Aug 26 1998 - 16:13:00 EEST

Jim:

A solid state laser would last at least 5000 hours (that's the 350 is
warranty). My 350 laser is at 9000 hours right now. The resin would have
to be tuned to the solid-state laser wavelength, so the lower vat power
would not necessarily result in slower draw speeds.

See, the way I figure the cost savings, a solid state laser would save us
US$9000/year in utilities and US$38,000/year for lasers (1/year through 3D
Systems). Additionally, we would save the cost of downtime and lost builds
for gas laser problems.

Steve Deak