RE: Pro-E and .stl files

From: Lin Liutong (liutong@TP.AC.SG)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 03:47:34 EEST

Dear Lists

We could definitely convert Pro-E part file to .stl files, but is
there anyway that convert .stl file back Pro-E file?

I could not find the way, can anyone tell me? I have tried to convert
STL file into IGS, then Pro-E, but this could only get wireframe (Even
worse, this wireframe is very confusing), rather then Solid. Is there
anyway which can achieve this?

Sometimes, I have to do some modification to STL file, but as we know,
STL file is very hard to be modified. ( Within my knowledge, STL file
could only be done some simple cut and maybe add some simple feature,
e.g.. hole and square). and Pro-E could easily to handle its solid
parts.

PS. Thank you for the warm response to my previous email. :-:)

Best Regards

[[ MAPI 1.0 storage : 58 in WINMAIL.DAT ]]
Lin Liutong,Leon
School Of Engineering/Product Engineering
Temasek Polytechnic
21 Tampines Avenue 1
Singapore 529757
Tel:(65)7805492