Re: Wax casting

From: S.A.D.P.Susantha (msa78492@ait.ac.th)
Date: Fri Sep 11 1998 - 20:53:35 EEST

Dear John,

Thanks for the information. The melting temperature of the wax is in
between 65 to 70C. Preheating of LOM tool is not possible due to the
delaminating of the paper. If some body has experience about LOM tool,
please share your ideas on this matter. Thanks john your for the
contribution.

Kind Regards,

Susantha

At 09:47 11/09/98 +0100, John Male wrote:
>Susantha,
>
>If the mould isn't filling completely, you could try heating it to stop
>the wax from freezing off. We've had similar problems injecting wax into
>silicon rubber moulds, especially if the part has thin wall thicknesses.
>We've found that heating the mould to about 40-50 celsius normally
>results in good parts, although I'm not sure how the LOM part will react
>to being heated up. Obviously, the down side of heating the tool is that
>the cooling times go up.
>I hope this helps.
>
>John
>--
>John Male
>Research Student
>Centre for Rapid Design and Manufacture
>Buckinghamshire University College
>Queen Alexandra Road
>High Wycombe
>Buckinghamshire
>England
>HP11 2JZ
>
>Tel 01494 605085
>Fax 01494 538593
>
>jmale01@buckscol.ac.uk
>
>http://www.buckscol.ac.uk/tech/crdm/crdm.html

S.A.D.P.SUSANTHA
MAIL BOX NO 294 SCHOOL OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DIVISION OF MANUFACTURING SYSTEM
P.O. BOX NO 4 ENGINEERING
KLONG LUANG - 12120
PATHUMTHANI, THAILAND
E-MAIL: msa78492@ait.ac.th