SLA to .stl parametric files

From: John Jarvela (JohnJ@pdt-cav.com)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 03:19:00 EEST

Product Development Technologies can Laser Scan your SLA and create a
.stl file from the point cloud, or if you prefer we can create a solid
parmetric Pro Engineer .prt file. This can be used to create .igs
surface files, step solid files, or .stl files.

Our CAV (Computer Aided Verification) inspection process will compare
the SLA model directly to the CAD database or the .stl file, whichever
you prefer. Using color plots we will show you all the differences
between the part and the database.

> I'm looking for a service bureau that can take an SLA model and
> reverse it back
> to an .stl file. Any suggestions? Also, can anyone recommend a good
> method to
> measure accuracies on SLA models?
>
> Pedro Santos
>
> 09/14/98 12:33:27 PM