Re: Sanders to Silver

From: Nick Osborn (Nick@lip.co.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 10:00:01 EEST

Dear Michael

Further to your request regarding going from a Sanders model to a solid silver part, we have 2 main methods that we use regularly.

1. Vacuum assisted investment casting (you need the vacuum assist to ensure faithful replication of the very fine details that the Sanders process can produce).

2. Electroforming into a mould (taken from a Sanders master)

We also replicate the Sanders master using silicon rubber tooling, and then vac. cast multiple waxes from this tool, to accuracies and complexities that most people do not associate with rubber tools. This provides an easy way of getting many waxes for investment casting from one Sanders master wax.

Do you have a particular part in mind? If so please let me know.

LIP is the sole UK agent for SPI products, and have over 20 years' experience of casting and materials conversion. Please see our website for further details (http://www.lip.co.uk).

Hope this helps & I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Nick

Nick Osborn
Technical Director