Re: Scanned files

From: Justin R. Kidder (jrkst34+@pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 00:31:55 EEST

Take a look at the work of Bernhard Geiger (formerly at INRIA in France)
on the subject. In his Ph.D. dissertation, he modeled the pelvis and
fetus and then ran a computer simulation of the birth. Data was collected
from CT scans, I believe. His dissertation is downloadable, too. Just do
a search on the web for his name.

good luck,
Justin

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Ralph Milone wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>

> This is a very vague request because I’m not really sure what I need or
> what I can use. I am in the process of modeling the cross section of the
> Uterus/Birthing Canal and Pelvis of a woman in the full term of a
> pregnancy. (1 Fetus)
>
> Question 1:
> Are there any scanned files that I could use to help in this?
>
> Question 2:
> What do I need to do to these files to be able to change them to surfaces
> so I can machine them in a CNC?
>
> Sorry for being so vague. Any help is greatly appreciated
>

> Ralph Milone

Justin Kidder, Research Asst. | Automation and Robotics Laboratory
jrkst34+@pitt.edu | University of Pittsburgh

               Home page: http://www.pitt.edu/~jrkst34