Re: Hexapod

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 18 1998 - 17:11:42 EEST

In a message dated 98-09-18 07:37:08 EDT, DANIEL@proton.com.my writes:

<< Hello all,

 I am aware of the Sandia Hexapod Research Project, but is there are any
 companies making machining centers for sale to the general public using
 this technology? If so, who are they and what is their contact info. I
 have tried to contact Hexcel, but their web page is closed. >>

Daniel :

Both G+L Machine Co.(Racine Wi ) and Ingersol Milling Co.(Rockford Il ) have
hexapod machines for sale. G+L had there machine at the International Machine
Tool Show several years ago. At that time the only programming software
available was Camax which no longer exists. Our evaluation at the time was it
was a million dollar machine doing the work of a 1/4 million dollar machine.
Neat idea though.
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering