TCT and RP and me

From: Terry T. Wohlers (twohlers@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 05:25:42 EEST

Elaine Hunt wrote:

> If I see one important thing missing in the world of RP it is the
exchange
> of ideas across cultural lines. That is why I toyed with the idea of an
international
> RP users group. I discussed this with Hans Langer many years ago and
still feel

This is one reason we created the Global Alliance of RP Associations
(GARPA). It is not an international users group, but it is a start. The
Global Alliance was formed to encourage on-going sharing of information
among its members across international borders. GARPA was organized to
give each group equal participation. Our first meeting was held at RP&M
'98 in Dearborn, Michigan. The following groups represent the current
members of GARPA.

Terry Wohlers

                                      Global Alliance of RP Associations
(GARPA)

Australia's Queensland Manufacturing Institute (QMI)
   Mr. Scott Loose, CEO

Canada's National Research Council
   Mr. Millan Yeung, Group Leader

Chinese Rapid Forming Technology Committee
   Professor Yongnian Yan, Chairman
   Dr. Wei Feng

Danish Technological Institute
   Mr. Bent Mieritz

Finnish Rapid Prototyping Association (FiRPA)
   Mr. Jukka Tuomi, President
   Mr. Hannu Kaikonen

French Rapid Prototyping Association (AFPR)
   Professor Alain BERNARD, Vice President

Germany's NC Society
   Dr. Andreas Gebhardt, Chairman
   Mr. Hans-Dieter Plum

Hong Kong Society for Rapid Prototyping Tooling and Manufacturing
   Dr. Ian Gibson, Vice-Chairman

Italian Rapid Prototyping Association (APRI)
   Ms. Gabriella Marinsek, Chair
   Dr. Mario Salmon

Japanese Association of Rapid Prototyping Industry (JARI)
   Professor Takeo Nakagawa
   Mr. Masaaki Tokuda, Secretary General of JARI

South Africa's Time Compression Technologies Siliconworks Centre
   Mr. Deon de Beer

Swedish Industrial Network on FFF
   Mr. Berndt Holmer, Coordinator

UK's Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Association (RPMA)
   Mr. Graham Tromans, Chairman
   Mr. David Wimpenny
   Professor Phill Dickens

USA's Rapid Prototyping Association of the Society of Manufacturing
Engineers (RPA/SME)
   Mr. Clint Atwood, 1998 Chairman
   Ms. Kristen Dudash, Association Manager
   Ms. Marge Hartfel, Member of the Advisory Board

Organized by:
   Wohlers Associates, Inc. (USA)
   Mr. Terry Wohlers, President
   University of Hong Kong