NANOTECH and my dream machine

From: Elaine Hunt (elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 20:37:04 EEST

http://nano.xerox.com/nano/

this site talks about our future RP systems.
It has books, papers, about anything you are looking for.

Sample text from page>>>>>>

"Whatever we call it, it should let us

     Get essentially every atom in the right place.
     Make almost any structure consistent with the laws of physics and
chemistry that we can specify in atomic detail.
     Have manufacturing costs not greatly exceeding the cost of the
required raw materials and energy.

There are two more concepts commonly associated with nanotechnology:

     Positional control.
     Self replication.

Clearly, we would be happy with any method that simultaneously achieved the
first three objectives. However, this seems difficult without using some
form of positional control (to get the right molecular parts in the right
places) and some form of self replication (to keep the costs down). "
Opinions, suggestions, and other controversial matter VOID where prohibited.
Elaine T. Hunt, Director
Clemson University Laboratory to Advance Industrial Prototyping
206 Fluor Daniel Bldg. Clemson, SC 29643-0925
864-656-0321 (voice) 864-656-4435 (fax)
elaine.hunt@ces.clemson.edu
http://chip.eng.clemson.edu/rp/persall/elaine.html