Rapid tooling with FDM

From: Masood Sayed_Masood (SMasood@swin.edu.au)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 23:49:48 EEST

Dear Ray,

I do not know of any Australian company, but we here at Industrial
Research Institute Swinburne (IRIS), are doing research and have
successfully made injection moulding inserts directly using the FDM
process on a newly developed material. We have even produced plastic
parts on the injection moulding machine.

Dr S.H. Masood,
Research Leader, CAD/CAM & RP,
Industrial Research Institute Swinburne (IRIS),
Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn,
Melbourne Australia 3122

e-mail: smasood@swin.edu.au

> From: gileng@uq.net.au
> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 18:18:17 +1000
> To: RPML <rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi>
> Subject: Rapid tooling

> Hi List.
>
> Just a quick question. Is any one aware of any Australian companies
> making Rapid tools for Injection moulding?
>
> Regards
>
> Ray Hope.
> Gilmore Engineers

Dr Syed Masood,
Industrial Research Institute Swinburne (IRIS),
Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn,
Melbourne, Australia 3122
Fax: +61-3-9214 5050 Ph: +61-3-9214 8260