Re: FW: Slightly off topic---PLC5 printing from SGI's

From: Michael Landis (mlandis@solidiform.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 1998 - 17:33:26 EEST

Hello Dave - My boss forwarded me this mail, and thought I'd reply to you
as well. We're using a product called Easy Print on our SGI Octane (IRIX
6.4), and it has worked great. Their current release comes with drivers
for over 1100 different printers, and is in my opinion a much better
solution than SGI's own Impressario. We use it to print to a HP DeskJet
1600cm, DeskJet 870cse, and a DesignJet 755cm Plotter. If you do not want
to put a separate copy on every workstation, you can install the software
on one workstation and define all of your printers there, then have the
other workstations use that box as your network printing provider. You
can find more info out at http://www.easysw.com.

Michael Landis Solidiform, Inc.
MIS Department 3928 Lawnwood
System Administrator Ft. Worth TX, 76111
(817)831-2626 x609 FAX (817)831-8258

                                                                  ____
  .][__n_n_|DD[ ====____ | Solidiform, Inc. | | MIS Dept. | | [][][] |
 _/oo OOOOO oo` oo oo 'o^o o^o` 'o^o o^o` 'o^o o^o`