Re: Extrude Hone Corp.

From: Doug Mitchell (dmitchel@ford.com)
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 14:55:14 EEST

John Male wrote:

> James,
>
> Extrude Hone / Prometal have a web site at http://www.prometal-rt.com/
> It has a list of partners in the project, but not any specific contacts
> at the companies.
> Does anyone know if any machines been sold or has anyone seen parts from
> the machine? If so, any comments?
>
> John
>
> James P. Harrison wrote:
> >
> > Is there any information on this PROMETAL fabricating machine.
> > Who is using this technology?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
> >
> > James P. Harrison Director Of Operations
> > 3Dimensional Engineering www.3de.net; harrjp@juno.com
> > 2991 N. Powerline Rd. Pompano Beach, FL. 33069
> > 954-972-9906 (phone) 954-972-8903 (fax)

[snip]

While I am not using it, I did look at the machine at
Computer Technology Solutions (nee Autofact) last week.
It is an interesting technology, and I can see some uses
for it. Out of the machine, the parts are something like
60% dense. They are then infiltrated with bronze to bring
them to 100% density. I picked up one of the parts and
was shocked by the weight before and after. Surface finish
was about the same as most any other RP technology, but
as would be expected with metal, it can be finished quite
nicely. They also showed a part that had had the interior
smoothed with the Extrude Hone process.

Cheers,

--
Doug Mitchell - dmitchel@ford.com