Re: Resistance to kerosene & diesel fuel

From: Ralf Deuke (rd@Alphaform.de)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 08:20:49 EEST

Mark,
It would be worth to try to do it with DuPont 8120.
We did tests with brake fluid and it worked well, so there should be
a chance to do it with kerosene, too.
We can do such a job for you, if necessary.
We did some impregnations of sintering parts with high temperature
epoxy resins (AH 100) and it worked real well.

regards

> From: "Vern Carter" <vern@3dresource.com>
> To: "Mark Davis" <mdavis@arrk.com>
> Cc: "'rp-ml @ltk.hut.fi'" <rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi>
> Subject: Re: Resistance to kerosene & diesel fuel
> Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:10:54 -0600

> Mark,
>
> This sounds like a good test for Duraform material offered by DTM. If you don't have a
> machine and are willing to try this material let me know. If the part is not to large
> I may be willing to make it for the cost of the material provided that you supply test
> results back to us on how well the part held up.
>
> Vern, CTS

Ralf Deuke
Internal service and material distribution
Alphaform GmbH
Kapellenstr. 10
85622 Feldkirchen, Germany
Tel: 0049 89 90 50 02 51