Re: European Conferences

From: Alain BERNARD (alain.bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr)
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 20:54:13 EEST

Brent,

I am the chairman of the International program Committee (IPC) of the
European conference on Rapid Prototyping, organized in Paris by the French
Rapid Prototyping Association.
This year, November 19-20, I think that we are going to have a good program
of conferences (45 papers and Trophees session, because we also organize
two trophees for the best rapid prototyping part and for the best rapid
product development study), with an exhibition (about 25 to 30 booths).
I hope that attendees of the last conferences, and some of the authors and
members of the IPC are going to give their opinion on this event, where
about 150 people attend the conferences and about 700 people attend the
exhibition.

I hope to seeing you in Paris.

What I would like to say is that it is difficult to choose the "best"
conference, because all of us in Europe, for example Ian Campbell, are
trying to organize very high quality conferences.

If you want to see the final program of the conferences for this 7th event,
please connect to the web site
www.art-of-design.com/assises98/ (middle of next week for the english version)
in order to appreciate the final program, the IPC, the exhibition, ...
The contact for information about organization is :
afpr-assises98@vigie.adepa.asso.fr

I hope these informations would help you !

Please, contact me directly if necessary.

Best regards,

Prof. A. BERNARD

A 10:23 16/10/98 -0400, vous avez écrit :
>I want to attend one European conference next year and am having a hard
>time deciding which one to attend (I can only afford one international trip
>next year). I would be interested in getting some feedback from attendees
>of the various European RP conferences and maybe planners of next
>year's conferences to get some feedback about their quality and content.
>
>I enjoy conferences where a lot of cutting-edge research is presented and
>that have some practical applications as well.
>
>Thank you in advance for your input.
>
>Brent Stucker
>Dr. Brent Stucker
>Assistant Professor
>University of Rhode Island
>Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
>Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
>Kingston, RI 02881
>ph: (401)874-5187
>fax: (401)874-5540
>stucker@egr.uri.edu
>web: http://www.egr.uri.edu/ime/RMC/rm.html

Prof. Alain BERNARD Tel : + 33 (0)3 83 91 27 29
Professeur des Universites + 33 (0)3 83 91 20 09
CRAN ESA CNRS 7039 Fax : + 33 (0)3 83 91 23 90
UHP Nancy I - ESIAL
BP n° 239, 54506 - VANDOEUVRE Cedex - FRANCE
ATTENTION ! NEW E-MAIL !
e-mail : alain.bernard@cran.u-nancy.fr http://www.cran.u-nancy.fr