Re: summary: virtual prototyping for injection moulding

From: Wolfram Oldörp (w.oldoerp@online.de)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 20:59:31 EEST

This is a summary of the few answers i got:

This firm mailed to me:(http://www.simcon-worldwide.com)
This firm was posted to me by JR: http://www.cmold.com/

This was mailed to me by Jĝrgen Daugaard: Mouldflow

I took a short look to all of them on the K'98 in Düsseldorf (Germany) yesterday.(http://www.kunststoffweb.de/k98newsweb/index_e.htm). This is an international fair for all of platics every three years.

cmould is based on surfaces and they said no for my typical parts.

simcon is also based on surfaces, they are working on 3D, want to try to give a qualitative (not quantitative) result.

moldflow has 2D and 3D elements, but 3D special for thick parts. Also a mix of elements. They also want to try it.

Thanks for helping me.
Wolfram Oldörp

Original question:
Very often I have to build the tools for difficult tecnical articles. There are thin walls, small tolerances which have to be kept.
To save time for try and error (with modification of the tools) the flow of filled materials has to be analysed based on the construction of the injection moulding tool and different injection processes.
The programms I know do not fullfill this target exact enough.

Does anyone know high performance simulation programms?
Does anyone know a forum discussing this subject?