Exhibition Announcement

From: michael rees (zedand00@sound.net)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 02:05:02 EET

Dear Rapid Prototyping Friends,

I'll be opening a show of rapid prototyped sculptures at Central Fine
Arts on November 13, 1998, from 6-8p. The show will run through January
16, 1999. The adress is 596 Broadway, suite 701, NY NY 10011, 212 966
8836. The title of the show is "From Ear to Ear".

As you probably know, these are sculptures that I've made using CAD
(computer aided design) and rapid prototyping. The sculptures examine
the relationship between a scientific anatomy and a metaphysical or
fantastical anatomy. I've spent the last four years researching this
type of manufacture while continuing my interest in developing an unique
sculptural language.

Many people and companies in the RP community have contributed to the
realization of these sculptures. You can find a list of them on the
"credits page" of my website, the adress of which is listed below. If
you are missing, let me know!

Also, the largest sculpture ever made with Rapid Prototyping will be on
view at the exhibition. This 6'6" sculpture was commissioned by Helisys
to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of their patent. An edition of 6
smaller sculptures were awarded in a drawing which took place at the
IMTS show this fall in Chicago. This large sculpture, called "Cakra
Seuss", was also exhibited in the Helisys Booth at the IMTS show.

For more information about these sculptures please visit my website
http://www.sound.net/~zedand00

I hope you'll be able to join me.

--
michael rees SCULPTOR 		http://www.sound.net/~zedand00/