SDM

From: Mr. Tushar R. Mahale (tusharm@idc.iitb.ernet.in)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 15:34:57 EET

RP world,
        Some days back, I came across a site (www.nnun.org) where they had
mentioned about the capablity of the SDM to handle feautres of size 100
nanometres. The site did not give any further details regarding this and
it was quite difficult to understand the methods that had been used to
achieve such details considering the fact that SDM involves addition of
material which is later milled out using 5-axsis milling.

        I had read a paper tittled " Laser Deposition of Metals for SDM"
in one of the SFF proceedings by Prof. F.B. Prinz et al....but this
approach too didnot clarify my doubts, as in this case, metal powder is
melted by means of a laser which is then followed by the material removal
process using 5-axsis milling.

        I would be obliged if someone could send me some information
regarding the same.

With Regards

Tushar

Tushar Mahale
Research Engineer Tel: 091-22-578 2545 extn:7832
Rapid Prototyping Cell Fax: 091-22-576 7803
Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay