Re: RP presentation to 'Civilians'

From: smit, a. de (a.desmit@io.tudelft.nl)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 16:10:14 EET

Hi Patrick,

I have never used it myself but I noticed since some years in the toy
shops a gadget called 3D puzzle. The type of puzzle that I am thinking
of consists of a bucket full of cardboard layers that you have to stack
together yourself in order to create for example a replica of the Venus
of Milo. I think that such a thing is the perfect and never to be
forgotten example of layered manufacturing, including the well known
problem of staircase effect.

Hope this can be of any use.

--
Bram de Smit / Delft University of Technology / Faculty of Design,
Engineering and Production (DEP) / Jaffalaan 9, NL-2628 BX Delft, The