Re: SLA material

From: MICHELLE P WYATT 328-8537 (MICHELLE.P.WYATT@usa.dupont.com)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 21:54:11 EET

Hello,
I read your request for stereolithography resins that produce functional
prototypes, and would suggest that you consider the DuPont Somos(R) 8100 Series,
which has properties very similar to polyethylene. We recently issued a press
release on the introduction of two new members of the 8100 Series, Somos(R) 8110
and 8100. There is now a material available from the DuPont Somos(R) 8100
Series for all SLA machines. If you are interested in obtaining further
information after reading the attached press release, please visit our web site
at www.dupont.com/somos. We have included the product data sheets for all of
the Somos 8100 Series in the Product Pop Up Window on our web site. Most of the
build files for our resins are also located there or will be posted in the near
future.

You can always contact me directly if there are any other questions you may have
about the product.

Sincerely,
Michelle P. Wyatt
Technical Marketing Engineer
DuPont Somos(R)
Two Penn's Way, Suite 401
New Castle, DE 19720
Tel: 302-328-8537
Fax: 302-328-5693
email: Michelle.P.Wyatt@usa.dupont.com

DuPont Introduces New Somos(R) 8100 and Somos(R) 8110 Epoxy Resins for
Stereolithography

WILMINGTON, Del., October 15, 1998--The DuPont Company today announced the
commercialization of Somos(R) 8100 and Somos(R) 8110, two more members of the
new Somos(R) 8100 series of epoxy resins for stereolithography. The Somos(R)
8100 Series is an epoxy resin family that produces white, translucent parts
excellent for functional and snap-fit applications.

Somos(R) 8100, optimized for Argon ion laser systems, and Somos(R) 8110,
optimized for HeCd laser systems, join Somos(R) 8120, released earlier this year
for solid state laser systems.

The Somos(R) 8100 series family expands the applications available for
stereolithography by producing parts with properties similar to high density
polyethylene, allowing stereolithography users to create functional prototypes.
"The success of the Somos(R) 8100 family, which was tested at companies such as
3M, BMW, General Motors and Alcoa, can be attributed to its physical properties.
The plastics industry reports that polyethylene is the world's largest-selling
thermoplastic. The huge demand for this plastic and the similar properties of
the Somos(R) 8100 family to polyethylene is an excellent indication of the
market reaction to this material," stated Michelle Wyatt, technical marketing
engineer, DuPont Somos(R).

Another advantage of the Somos(R) 8100 family of resins is that it offers the
fastest photospeed currently available in an epoxy stereolithography resin,
reducing the amount of time required to build parts. Productivity is further
enhanced by short delay times between scanning layers, and by easy support
removal and part cleanup.

DuPont provides the world's widest selection of solid imaging materials, and is
backed by exceptional technical support and a world-wide distribution network.
DuPont Somos(R) resins range from the industry's first flexible resins to the
latest generation of heat-resistant, humidity-tolerant, high-accuracy epoxy
resins suitable for investment casting and direct tooling applications. DuPont
also provides powders for selective laser sintering, such as the flexible
elastomer powder, Somos(R) 201, available from DTM Corporation.

Contact DuPont Somos(R) in the United States at (302) 328-5435, visit the web
site at http://www.dupont.com/somos, or email: somos@dupont.com for further
information.

Somos(R) is a registered trademark of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.

> Hi, List
>
> We are looking for a material for our SLA machine which is suitable to
> make function parts, such as Gears etc. Any one out there can make a
> recommend?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>

> Best Regards

  Lin Liutong,Leon