Request about research cooperation

From: Igor V. Shishkovsky (shiv@fian.samara.ru)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 13:43:32 EET

Dear SLS process's researchers from NATO country (ies),

I am search a partner for support of our investigations in frame work of
NATO
Collaborative Research Grant (see - http://www.nato.com/science) or some
similar yet.
Our group works in the state research institute /P. N. Lebedev Physics
Institute/
of Russian Academy of Sciences.

We conduct investigations in Rapid Prototyping technology by the method
of Direct Selective Laser Sintering (SLS).We are researching a
physic-chemical conditions of SLS process and searching of new perspective
powder materials for SLS process. Our last papers and information about me
you could read on web site of Samara Technical University:
http://www.sstu.samara.ru/~physics/shishkov/sh-paper.htm.

In this paper was shown a possibility realization of a control
self-propagated
high-temperature synthesis (SHS) reaction for a creation of an
intermetallic -
NiTi during SLS process under laser influence. This intermetallic could be
use
in a boimedical applications. We are planning a research of the shape
memory properties in our 3D parts from NiTi and optimal conditions of the
this intermetallic phase sintering.

I would be glad to combine our efforts under this problem and, in the case
of your positive opinion, to discuss with you more carefully our
co-operation.

Sincerely yours

Dr Igor V. Shishkovsky

Laser Technologies Lab. of
P.N. Lebedev Physics Institute of Samara branch.
Office Address: Novo-Sadovaja St. 221, 443011 Samara, Russian Federation.
Office Fax: +7 (846-2) 355600. and Tel : +7 (846-2) 344220.
E-mail:shiv@fian.samara.ru