Lubricants with SLA assemblies

From: Evans, Paul (Paul.Evans@sea.siemens.com)
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 17:45:04 EET

Does anyone know what type of grease can be used on a SLA part without
causing damage part. I am involved in a project that involves small camming
surfaces on an SLA part that bear on a part that was machined out of
polycarbonate and/or nylon. The forces generated can be quite large, so the
use of some form of lubricant on the parts is necessary for the
functionality of the model. We have some grease available that is used with
plastic parts, but I am reluctant to use it on a one of a kind SLA part.

Paul Evans
Siemens & Furnas Controls
Siemens Energy and Automation
paul.evans@sea.siemens.com