Re: RP

From: michael rees (zedand00@sound.net)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 18:06:38 EET

Gordon Johnson wrote:

> What can RP do that other technolognies can't?

Is this just a provocative question to get everyone going? Its quite
interesting and has profound detailed implications.

Rp was most attractive to me over other automatic computer processes
because it could build highly complicated parts with severe undercuts
and in some cases trapped volumes. At the same time, CAD gave me a
wealth of tools that were not available in other technologies (analogue
and digital) at that level of precision. SLA was particularly attractive
because of its semitransparency; SLS because it needs no supports; LOM
because of its warmth and beauty; 3Dp because of its price and speed;
and finally Sanders for its accuracy. I don't have much experience with
FDM.

best,

--
michael rees SCULPTOR 		http://www.sound.net/~zedand00/