Mold finishes/surface textures

From: Bruce E. LeMaster (LeMaster@artcorp.com)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 23:00:11 EET

Greetings,

First, to follow up on a post I made several days
ago regarding the patch for Maestro 1.9.1. When
3D Systems rearranged their web site they moved
the patch. It is now located on their ftp site
for anyone that may be interested. The patch
fixes the view module so that when you Save, only
the parts that have been modified are saved. This
is especially helpful when you have several large
parts in the viewer and you only change one of
them.

Now my questions. Do any of you know of mold
finishes that are available as rendered surfaces?
Specifically, we're looking for a MT-11370 finish
that can be rendered onto the surface of a part in
Pro/E, SolidWorks, or Ray Dream Studio. Beyond
the actual surface texture, what about a cross
reference to another standard?

Any help or direction will be most appreciated.

Bruce E. LeMaster

--
Applied Rapid Technologies Corporation
265 Cambridge Street, Suite 100