ATTN: Steve Pollack, RE: Your critique is welcome

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 08:11:47 EET

Steve, you wrote:

"Does this seem like a prudent course of action to be able to produce
jewelry using CAD/CAM technology?"
Steve, I'm not a jeweler (aerospace engineer) but I believe you won't regret
it - CAD/CAM combined with RP technology are very powerful "tools" that can
greatly increase your productivity while allowing you more creativity in the
process (especially talking from a designer's standpoint). The ability to
make custom fit jewelry in a short amount of time would make for a great
selling point. Are you familar with the latest scanning technologies? For
example, you could scan a customer's finger to get a fairly accurate
representation of it electronically to design your jewelry around. Michael
Rees, an artist who frequents this list, would also be a very good source of
information and he is familiar with Form Z software.

Hope this helps,

Glenn G. Whiteside
E-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net