Re: Cold Cast Bronze Production

From: Martin Koch (mkoch@calpoly.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 23:43:10 EET

Karen Williams wrote:

> Dear Folks,
>
> I am a sculptor developing a small line of figurines that need to be
> produced in cold cast bronze. I am searching for production houses that
> produce molds and production orders. Is there anyone out there who does
> this work in a timely and costly manner?
>
> Thanks for any info you can provide.
>
> Karen

Karen,

Try Les Brown: Metal Arts Sculpture Center, Inc.
1395 Vendels Circle
Paso Robles, CA (805) 239-2712

Les' foundry is a art foundry and is the sort of thing that you are
looking for.

I'm not sure where you are located nor what you mean by "cold cast
bronze".

I believe that he only casts silicon bronze (a non-leaded alloy).

Another source for anyone looking for any type of foundry is a
publication of the American Foundrymen's Society : MetalCasting
Directory.

You can reach them at (800) 537-4237.

The directory sells for $99.00 but they would be happy to give you the
information you seek just over the phone. If you would like a contact
name then talk to Steve Robinson or Ezra Kotzin. They are there to
help.

Have Fun

martin