RP in investment casting tooling (Part II: the sequel)

From: Andrew Kaley (ask144@psu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 22:52:47 EET

Dear RPers,
First of all, thanks again for the wonderful replies that I got. Those are
wonderfully great.
I still have some questions, however, that I'd be grateful if you, as the
RP users, would give me some opinions.

1. Who and when do you think, RP started "making friends" with investment
casting?

2. What, do you think, are the most recent developments in RP that are very
useful in investment casting tooling?
These can be techniques, machine or material.

3. What do you think the future directions of RP in investment casting?
In other words, say, if you are granted only 3 wishes how to make RP meet
the needs of investment casting tooling.
What would those 3 wishes be?

Thank you a zillion times for your time,
I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew Kaley

Andrew S. Kaley
Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
The Pennsylvania State University
207 Hammond Building
University Park, PA 16802

Phone: (814) 863-2378