Re: Metal coatings on SLA injection tooling

From: Larry Dosser (dosserlr@mlpc.com)
Date: Sat Nov 14 1998 - 00:48:54 EET

Russ:

The Mound Laser and Photonics Center currently coats SLA parts (and other
types of substrates)by a process known as pulsed laser depostion (PLD). We
have coated SLA parts with Ni-200 and also chromium by the PLD process, and
found these metallic coatings to adhere very well. PLD is a thin film
deposition process and the coating thickness is typically on the order of 1
micron. Details of this PLD application are being presented at ICALEO'98
next week in Orlando. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss
the application of PLD to the coating of SLA parts with you or anyone else
on the list.

Larry R. Dosser
President
Mound Laser and Photonics Center