Re: 3D QuickFill article/ C-Mold

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 18 1998 - 05:47:35 EET

In a message dated 98-11-17 19:01:28 EST, bill@nichedesign.com writes:

<< Not that this probably belongs on the RP list, but how does C-Mold now
 claim it is the global leader in CAE simulation solutions for plastic
 injection moulding. Just waving the Australian flag a little bit, but I
 thought that Moldflow was clearly global leader in this field.
 A little bit of credit to "down under" where its due please.

 Bill Hunter,
 Niche Design
 www.nichedesign.com >>

Bill
    Where credit is due for mold simulation. Credit should be given to the
uneducated (not formally anyway) junior engineer at Rapra in England ( a
government think tank) who came up with the formulas for multilaminate fluid
flow through plates. This formula is the backbone of all flow analysis
software in use today. The founder of MoldFlow was at that time the chief
engineer at Rapra. He split from there and started Moldflow in Australia
basing his software on these formulas. That junior engineer whose name I can't
recall anymore, never recieved much credit if any as one of the fathers of
modern CAE. I was told this story by a Rapra Employee if it is true or not I
really don't know. Kewl story though.
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering Fusioneng@aol.com