ATTN: Gomide, RE: SL/Maestro parameter: border & hatch overcure

From: Monica & Glenn Whiteside (SiderWhite@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 07:11:26 EET

Gomide, you wrote:

>Dear members list,
>
>When using Maestro 1.9.1 to preparate parts, it appeared some
>parameters that I don't know exactly what they mean.
>
>These paramenters are: Border Overcure and Hatch Overcure.
>
>I read the "Maestro User Guide", but it doesn't explain
>what and how these parameters affect the parts.
>
>Could someone help me?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gomide

Gomide:

Overcure is a user specified parameter that provides additional vertical
cured distance when curing a layer which improves adhesion to the previously
cured layer below. This is analogous to using a longer nail (more depth of
penetration). The overcure influences the total cure depth as seen in the
equation, cure depth = layer thickness + overcure. The Border overcure
affects the outside profiles and the Hatch overcure affects the inside
hatched pattern. We sometimes use it by increasing the overcure values in
areas where we have thin walls or tangencies so the supports will adhere
better. This can also selectively darken different areas/ranges. You can
create some neat models by placing one .stl file within another one in CAD
space, say a figure of Godzilla within a larger sphere, and increase the
overcure values to add contrast to the inner model, in this case the
Godzilla figure. You do not need to increase it by much - say .001-.003, as
I recall.

Regards,

Glenn Whiteside
e-mail: siderwhite@worldnet.att.net