Re: Autocad 14 and solids help needed

From: Fusioneng@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 17:49:20 EET

In a message dated 98-11-22 00:15:17 EST, cdeliebana@ciudad.com.ar writes:

<< Is there someone in the list who could help me about creating solids with
 AutoCAD 14?
 My problem is to create wings and propellers, with changing airfoils, chords
 and angles spanwise. I was able to create the wireframes W/O problems, and
 even to create the solids by extruding many airfoils sections, but the
 created solid is not smooth enough for prototyping purposes.
 Advanced thanks
 Eduardo Molfino
 edumolfino@ciudad.com.ar >>

My company has been using Autocad since 1984 . However we also use several
other cad systems as well. My last choice to create freeform solid shapes
would be Autocad . I would use ProE ar Catia to create your airfoil shapes.
Airfoil shapes fall in to the class 1A surfacing catagory and these two
systems are really the only game in town. However if you can get your
complete airfoil described in one surface you can subtract it out of a large
solid cube in Autocad to create an airfoil shape which is smooth.
Good Luck
Bob Morton
Fusion Engineering
Fusioneng@aol.com