Re: Cold Cast Bronze Production

From: Tom Richards (thoms@ici.net)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 02:38:54 EET

Karen: We daily cast molten metal into gypsum molds formed around wax
patterns which have been melted out fron the cavities. We have from time to
time cast plastic or silicone rubber articles in the same kind of molds. If
your bronze powder/resin mixture flows well enough, it could be cast in the
same kinds of molds from waxes made in a rubber mold from your master
pattern. We occassionally produce master patterns in beryllium copper from
artist's 3D CAD designs using patterns built by RP processes. Maybe this
information will give you some ideas. If you need a sculpturer/jeweler type
manufacturing service to make pours from your molds I can suggest a few
people in our area.